Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Better day...

We all have good and bad days, it's what you do with them that matters. When I feel dumpy I usually try to engage more with my kids and keep myself busy so I can either distract myself from a crappy mood or change it.

Sometimes that is easier said than done.

My hormones have been really bad since I had a tubal ligation done after Abby's birth. The past six months have been pretty intense at times. All those feelings of despair that I wrote about last week were very real.

And then one day I wake up and I can function. I feel normal, still a little unsure of myself but not the out of control, train wreck of a woman I was a few days ago.

I do know recommend sterilization and will probably end up having a reversal if we can one day afford it. Can you say SNIP? Hopefully Jamie will be able to man up. I think the threat of a sexless marriage might work.

Yeah, like I could do that! At least I still have a healthy libido, which he so lovingly pointed out to my mother in law, aunt in law and step mother in law a few weeks ago. He's perfect like that.

Anyway, I do still have issues to work on and I do still need to find focus and stop escaping in true Pisces fashion but I'm not always the hormonal, out of control woman that cries for three days straight. I think when there is a better balance in my life between my family and myself things will even out. Toddler raising ain't for pussies.

No comments: