Saturday, April 28, 2007

Can't win them all.

Last night's contest was phenomenal. There was a full house with forty singers in all and over three hundred fans cheering them on.

I didn't place last night like I did last year but I did well. The competition was fierce. The winner was an outstanding vocalist and he was not far ahead of the remaining four contestants who took prizes home, two of which placed 1st and 2nd last year. I certainly didn't envy the full plate the judges had deciding which were the best.

All in all it was a great contest. I am really lucky to have participated and plan on entering again next year. Who knows....maybe it will be my lucky year. Either way I know I'll have a great time and see some excellent talent showcased. Who knew karaoke could be so entertaining.

2 comments:

Renée said...

I'm glad you competed anyway! I love hearing you sing..

mama said...

Thanks buddy!! I'm glad I did, too. It's tough losing sometimes...but it's also nice to just have a little piece of me that doesn't have a little wee one attached to it. Though I admit I missed my little one like crazy while I was at that event. Funny how you crave adult contact and the minute you get what you want...you long to be home with your family. Home is where the heart is I guess.