Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ugly.

Unimaginable. Putrid. Horrific. Frightening.

Sad.

When does rage become so unbearably strong, hatred so dark, loneliness so deep and hallow that you could calculatingly take the lives of other innocent people?

I will never understand one's ability to take human life. I will never be able to grasp the desperation one must feel in order to justify that kind of action.

I can not put into words the needless pain fellow students/faculty must feel since Monday's
Massacre
. I just cannot wrap my head around the aching sadness the victim's families are experiencing during this time. I am left speechless, incapable of justly describing the heartache invoked by this inconceivable tragedy. But I couldn't just say nothing.

My heart bleeds for everyone affected by this heinous crime, including the disturbed young man who committed these horrific acts. The disbelief his parents must feel, the guilt they must shoulder knowing it was their son who stole precious life from so many undeserving people.

I pray for you all. I pray that peace comes into your life, that you are able to rise above the ugliness that was Monday, April 16, 2007. That with time, your heart will allow healing. That your memories live on forever. That love and compassion prevail. May God be with each and every one of you during this dark and trying hour.

No comments: