Monday, April 23, 2007

UGH!

Today was just one of those days. You know, the kind of day that makes you want to go back to bed all day long. I am draggin' ass BIG TIME. Could be the spring cold that has cycled back to me for the second time. Could be that I am feelin' a bit of post partum frump. Could be that I'm living in a place that is a.) waaaaay to far away from the people I hold close to my heart, and b.) this place is waaaay to far away from where I want to be living. Either one is reason enough to count the days until we leave this place.

Sure, this is just a cobble stone in our meandering path of life, but honestly, could this stone be any bigger? Sheesh. Enough already. I truly hope the husband appreciates the fact that I gave up my job and cozy life within safe driving distances from family and life long friends to support his career and his goals in life. I am all for supporting his aspirations but the sacrifice, to me, has been daunting at times. And even though I share the same dream, I can't help but be a little resentful while he's working towards a great accomplishment and I am at home changing shitty diapers and getting puked on. Someone please tell me, just where's the glory in that?

I know in the end, I am the lucky one. A career will last, and last, and last, and last until you're ready for it to be over, and then some. But your children? Well, they have a funny way of growing up and leaving you to fend for yourself. Every minute that passes is one less minute we have them in the safe clutches of our home. When you count the days you spend raising your children it's a very small amount of time compared to your life as a whole. I know how fast my childhood passed me by, I can only imagine that of your children, when time has a funny way of rushing along just a wee bit faster than the days of my youth.

I took a left turn somewhere in this post and am not quite sure how I got here, but either way, the babbling and run on sentences help me shrug it off another day. Thanks blogspot, for giving me my place to vent, my piece of the web space pie to call all my own. That way, when I'm having one of those days, I can come on here and get lost in it all and somehow find my way to the other side.

No comments: