Friday, April 27, 2007

Tonight?

I will be a rock star. Whether I win or lose, I'm still going to kick some major buttarooni and not even feel sorry about it. But if I do win there is $500 in it for me. How cool is that?

Who would of thought my tiny little place of residence would have such a grandiose karaoke following. Seriously.....they have an msn group they love it so much. They post pictures from different contests and keep a karaoke kalendar (yes, they spell calendar with a k) with a list of venues around the area. Yes, there are karaoke venues it's so popular around here. There are some serious karaoke fans around these parts and they ain't playin' round either.

Tonight, song choice is everything. I can kick butt all night long but if my song choice is less than desirable I've gone and lost the whole gig. I'm starting off with a number by Martina McBride, When God Fearing Women Get the Blues...only I have changed it to SAHM's getting the blues. Not really, but I think that would be funny. After I was done I could squirt the crowd with breast milk. No? You don't think? Hmmmm....well there goes that plan.

I practiced last night. It sounded great in spite of the nasty cold I've been pampering all week long. Today my chest congestion is loosening up and my voice is feeling less strained. Yay for me!

So wish me luck, break a leg, whatever you're feeling. I am working on owning that shit because anyone that knows me will attest to my outlandish personality, until you stick me in a room full of people watching only me. I tend to freeze up unless I'm drunk, but that wouldn't work because I actually have to sing without falling off the stage (which has happened to some people who can't monitor their intake before they sing the second song. No, it wasn't me.). Anyway. For lack of a better phrase.....tonight...I'm gettin' er' done.....county style bitches.

No comments: