Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sweetness

My middle child has taking a definite liking to her baby sister finally. I'm happy to be present to witness the love bonds that are tying them together. And so begins the love/hate relationship that will forever be Emily and Abby.

She pronounces her name better than any other with a slight toddler twang that is so cute I never tire from hearing it. She is forever on bink patrol making sure A (or herself) is never without their precious. And she gives her the most adorable raspberries in the bathtub. Actually they sound like the worst case of nasty diarrhea farts I've ever heard and if I weren't watching her do it I'd be checking J's pants.

Did I just say diarrhea farts? Ew.

They are officially sharing a room for half the night and E refuses to go to bed without her. The babe has been waking to nurse at 2am. Since I'm both tired and lazy, I've decided that she can sleep by me after that and just nurse whenever she can find the source. Which is a lot because her fat rolls have fat rolls. And those fat rolls have fat rolls. What can I say...the kid likes to eat. And I think my breast milk is more like heavy cream instead of whole milk. J is now taking it in his coffee. The perv.

All kidding aside. This relationship that is forming is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. Of course S loves her sisters but toddler love is different that tween love. Tween love is more like tween tolerance, while toddler love is the deepest, most trusting love of all loves. Watching it develop makes my heart melt like buttah on freshly popped corn.

I feel so privileged to be such a close part of this exhibit. In fact, I'm more like right in the middle of it all. The axis they revolve around. It's pretty darn amazing.

No comments: