Thursday, August 03, 2006

Heartburn sucks

That is about all I have to say about that.

I went to the ob today for my 27 wk appointment. I swear those people want to keep pushing my number back a week every time I go in there.

I'm 27 weeks and there is nothing you can do to change my mind people. I don't care what your wheel is telling you, I'm telling you that I'm 27 weeks. Make a damn note of it.

"Oh my, do you realize that you gained 7 lbs this month dear?!?"

Why no, ma'am. I had no idea I had gained that much weight. What, with all the time I spend on the scale at home I just didn't have time to add up the numbers in my head.

First of all, it was 6 lbs. And yes, I'm well aware the scales are creeping up at a rate faster than what is deemed appropriate for the average pregnant lady. No one is more aware of that that me.

Did it ever occur to you that I may not be average. Or perfect, or as disciplined as some of the other pregnant women you're taking care of. Or maybe I haven't been able to adequately remove waste from my body more than once every 10 days for the last 6 + months. That's got to count for something.

I hate going to the see the Dr. I hate the critical comments. I hate the horrific gasps every time I step onto a scale. I am not a child. I swear to God that I'm doing everything in my power to curb my weight gain. I even manage to feel some pride in the fact that I've only gained 25 lbs so far during this pregnancy. I say only because I gained 60 the first time around. Right now I weigh 40 lbs less than I did when I went in to deliver S. I know most women should only gain 25-35 lbs. but I'm not most women. I'm me. And I just might gain 40 this time around. If that happens I'll be jumping for joy because I have 20 lbs less to lose after this baby is born than I did with my first. To me that feels pretty darn good.

I told my sister what happened today and how much weight I have gained and she busted out laughing at me. "You're going to put on 50 lbs." she said.

I always knew you were the mean one, oh and just for the record, I weigh the same as you do right this minute at 7 months pregnant. I hate to think such mean thoughts but sometimes I feel like she is just waiting for me to do something wrong so she can rub it in my face. Sometimes she can be so cruel.

Anyway. That is another post for another day.

Blame it on the heartburn I guess. I get cranky when I can't sleep, and lately that seems to be ALL the time. I am scared to even think of what the next three months will be like.

2 comments:

Renée said...

Yes, heartburn does suck badly. I'm right there with ya on the weight gain hon, just fuck 'em. Sister and all. My doctor rocked, seriously, she said "hey, you're the one who has to lose it, not me, so I'm not going to say anything." Good woman. I'm sorry you're burning, sweaty, puffy and all that jazz in the summer. Do you have a.c. at least?

mama said...

I'm glad you had a kick ass doctor. I see a lot of different ones and some don't say a word and some do. It's frustrating to feel bad about the weight.....WTF am I supposed to do. If I even touched the amount of food they tell you to eat in their nurtrition guidelines I swear I would gain 100 lbs.

I do have central air THANK GOD. If I had to deal with the intense heat along with the rest I'd be some kinda pissed off. I'm all about conserving energy and all....but I have my limits. I haven't barely left the house all week save checking the mail and grabbig a carton of milk (to eat with that cake I made Monday night!!) Fuck 'em.