Saturday, June 03, 2006

And Then.

A day spent with the family, even on the rainiest of days, can bring the dullest, saddest of moods into the sunshine.

Come Friday I'm usually so tired of spending seven hours a day alone in this house that I get a little antsy and cabin fevered. I know many stay at home Moms that would kill fuzzy kittens for just two hours alone a day, but seven can be a bit much. I look forward to the days when the baby I watch gets here at 10 am instead of 2 pm. I'm even insane enough to count the days until the kids start summer vacation. Everything seems to fall into place when I have little faces that need drinks and pb&j sandwiches. I even get so brazen as to try and scrub floors while dirty flip flops covered in cut grass are just itching to walk across a freshly sparkled hardwood.

So, all bad days aside, life getting in the way of living in the moment isn't SO bad. Just a bit tedious at times. Soon the house guest will be gone and I'll long for a visit from a friend. Someday I'll be working a full time job again and longing for the days when my only job was to take care of my family. Eventually our money woes will be all but a distant memory and I'll look fondly on the days of penny pinching and planning family dinners according to what's on sale at the time.

So......today was a better day, thankfully. The hubby even got eggs and toast in bed this morning. It's always a good start when you make someone you love smile before you do anything else.

No comments: