Monday, January 14, 2008

Mean old mama!

That's how I'm feeling because my baby is mad at me. I'm ripping the comfort from her sweet little chubby arms and making her learn to cope through her naps and bed time without her bottle. I'm still letting her have her milkies, but just in another container. Kind of like a segue for the real trauma of no pre-sleep beverage. At least until she's legal to make those decisions for herself, though on several occasions a nice shot of whiskey would have done her some good.

Let's just say she's not real impressed.

I didn't think she was attached to it because she doesn't carry one around all day like some babies her age. Turns out she does cherish her quiet time with her warm bottle of milk. And I'm the devil.

I can't give it back. I've made the decision and in a few days she'll deal with it a little better. She didn't fight too hard today during naps and I think her reluctance for nighty night this particular evening is more about her not being ready for bed yet, though I do think the bottle was always good for prepping her for sleep.

Such is life kid; your first hard knock. I guarantee life gets worse.

My next evil plan is to take her pacifier.

Oh! The HORROR!!

3 comments:

Renée said...

You mean MEAN mother!

Suck it up kid, come crying to me when you have a mortgage, k? :D

When I took his nuh-nuh's away, you'd have thought I was cutting his toes off...one by one. I'm like DUDE you're 2½ I think you're gonna be okay.

Good luck xoxo

Sheyb said...

LOL. This was like my oldest daughter. :) Zoe... completely opposite. Never took a pacifier, and pretty much is over the bottle, and drinking completely out of sippy cups. Don't worry! She will get over it!

Sheyb said...

Oh, and WHAT ABOUT THOSE DAMN BELLY SHOTS ALREADY???


HELLO? ANYONE IN THERE?


LOL.