Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Break out the tees ladies.

It is officially 60 degrees in my little upstate NY village and it's JANUARY?!? WTF?

The sun is shining in my windows, I'm saving pennies by the hour since my furnace isn't running at warp speed and the wood stove is barely burning, only to keep the chill off. It was 70 degrees in my house at 8 am and I was running around without my feet snuggled in my new LLBean slippers my honey got me for Christmas. Yay!

I'm sure we'll all get whopping head colds with the sudden change in weather during the dead of winter but I will gladly take the bad with the good for a brief hiatus from the winter's chill.

This afternoon I'm taking the kids out to play on the swing set in hoodies and sweaters and there won't be a mitten or wool cap in sight. Woot!!

2 comments:

Renée said...

I know! It was 52°ish here today! WTF?

Sheyb said...

Yep! 75 degrees here in North Carolina! Yesterday too! Lovin it, but I do Love the cold too... ;)


Seriously!! BELLY SHOTS!