Friday, July 07, 2006

Finally, a bone.

The test results from the last biopsy are in. All negative. Someone finally decided that enough was enough at the present time; no more cutting. Luckily she still has the ability to swallow and eat on her own. Which she'll have to learn all over again starting as a baby would; squishy stuff then solid stuff.

I'm happy for her. I'm happy for all of us. For now we can all breathe a sigh of relief and relax. I will worry about her, though. Nothing is guaranteed. The effects of long term smoking can erupt years after someone has quit. It's especially dangerous for someone who has actually previously beaten cancer. But I'm not going to venture there today. Today I get to smile and say that she's getting better.

Anyway.....I just wanted to write it down. You know, make it real.

No comments: