Monday, March 06, 2006

Time flutterbies.....

Six is the new number now. This is the number of years that have passed since giving birth to my angel. We have gone from stolen, quiet moments a mother has with her newborn baby to wet kisses and big tears, first steps, words, i love you's. Potty training, curly ques and tiny teeth that make the cutest little crunches. Tantrums, hugs and kisses. Bath after bath after bath and now my baby, my sparkling wonder has turned six. No longer the chubby legged and pudgy cheeked little munchkin that I've so feverishly raised for the past six years. She is now a young girl, curious and eager to learn. D-D-D-Dog, dog starts with d, right Mom?

I love this girl. Infinatly, passionatly and whole heartedly love this girl. Every new discovery, every wonderous moment of her life. I bask in her potential and drink in as much of her as I possibly can.

I am petrified that my mothering will not be good enough to give her the roots and wings I so desparately want to bestow upon her. Such a huge responsibility has been placed upon my shoulders.

But....without her.....life would be so black and white. Her presence has brought new colors to into my world, a hope is restored and a new circle has been bonded and bound forever by her sweet little face. I love You My Sweet.

Thank you Daddy, for giving her to me. I am forever in your debt, as you are mine. Together, we have made something great and together we will see this to the end.....I love You Too My Sweet!!

No comments: