Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring time is the right time!

I love Spring. It's always such a refreshing change to feel the warmth of the sun and see colors come to life. In fact, I had a crocus bloom in my front yard the other day and I knew it wouldn't be long before I could enjoy the outdoors with the girls more often. We are putting up an addition to our swing set we have now that has a slide and a sand box. I hope they like it.

I've got a new development in the friend category. I've been keeping up with the family room at school and I'm finally starting to make some headway with the new friends. There has been more sharing and outside activities to go along with our group play at school. The other day a some of us got together and went for a walk with our kids and we have another scheduled this morning after the girls' gymnastic play session. I've invited another girl to go on my nightly runs because she seemed interested in getting in better shape. So we'll see if that pans out. I really like her company, I tend to be a little eager for her but I know after time passes that she will begin to trust and realize what a loyal friend I am.

So yeah, I'm doing it! It's not easy finding a place in a small town like this. You're always going to be that person that moved here a few years ago because EVERYONE is related in some way, shape, or form. They either married one of the "relatives" or are one of them. I am confident, though, that over time, a shift will happen. I don't need a huge network of people but a few close friends would be great.

I can't wait to churn up our garden. Soon! It will be so nice to get some dirt under my fingernails and tend something other than children. I am worried though, last year we had a bit of blight, er, a lot of blight. I'm worried those spores are going to pop up again this year. I might need to do something about my tomatoes, maybe create a new bed for them or something. I have read that you shouldn't plant them there again for a while. I guess some research is in order.

Emily is in a bit of a naught(ier) stage these days. She's always been a bit on the intense side but lately her tantrums are driving me to drink. It's been a little ridiculous lately. She's not quite 3 1/2. So I guess I had better buckle my seat belt and take it one day at a time. Or one tantrum at a time. There are many in the course of a day. Usually when they're developing too quickly intellectually, it becomes increasingly difficult for them to hold their shit so to speak. Any little thing triggers her and there's no reasoning with her. She can't control her emotions and she can surely get some pissed off. She's loud!! I will work harder on raising her than Abby and Sydney combined I do believe. My husband and I joke that Abby came along for condolences. For both my husband and I, but Sydney too! She get's to have her as a sister and I am not so sure how fulfilling that will always be.

Abby? Is an angel from heaven. Yesterday she peed on my couch and when I scolded her she just flashed those long lashes around with her sparkly eyes and said "sorry". It softened the blow slightly but pee on the couch sucks.

Have I blogged about my singing? I can't remember. Anyway, after a night of karaoke a woman approached me to join her duo. We met last Saturday and have a pretty good sound together. I do believe this is going to turn into another "something" for me to do that gives me a little less mother and a little more Europa. Which is awesome!

That's about the size of it all these days. I'm still not clouding my thoughts with puff the magic dragon, though I would say some days I could use a little help from my friend. I do feel like a new woman since putting that to rest. It just doesn't suit me to do that all the time. I would like to find a good balance of recreational use but maybe I'm not capable of that right now.

Either way, things are definitely better than the place I was a month ago. February is a sad month for me every single year. Is that why I have so many celebratory days? Anniversary, birthday, Valentine's Day? It's all in February. The presents soften the blow some. Especially the garnet earrings Jamie gave to me :)

No comments: