Wednesday, October 01, 2008

What happens when mama is bored?

I stumbled upon a song as I watched over the slumbering author. She does this, you know. She's my writer, mostly songs, but other stuff too. I wasn't really doing much of anything. In fact I was down right bored since the husband was otherwise occupied with the dummy box television so I was looking for something to do.

Upon seeing that song, along with her colored pencils lying near by, an idea erupted and I decided to draw her a picture. The song was about Halloween so I thought it fitting to draw her a pumpkin and maybe a bat or something along those lines. Once the wheels start to turn I decided that this picture was going to be from The Great Pumpkin.

Pardon me parents for unthinkingly creating yet one more fictitious character to keep up with. As if the Tooth Fairy and Santa weren't busy enough, I had to go and add The Great friggen Pumpkin. Which, you know, would be fine if I didn't do daycare for other kids because instead of marveling at the wonder of The Great Pumpkin, they were pissed The Great Pumpkin didn't come and draw them a picture as well.

Stupid, stupid imagination. I will never use you again!!!

While waiting for the bus, the child that could write decided to leave a little note for The Great Pumpkin on my driveway in chalk.

"Oh Great Pumpkin, please, please, please will you come to road 99 Briggs Hill Road."

In response, "I don't get to dirt roads, sorry. Love, The Great Pumpkin."

But The Great Pumpkin forgot who she was writing her note to because this particular child does not take no for an answer. Fair is fair and The Great Pumpkin will answer to her for her negligence in not coming to HER house

A letter followed.

"Dear Great Pumpkin,
Dirt roads are not the only roads that get your car dirty. Paved roads also get your car dirty. And the only time your car gets really, really dirty is when it rains. Do you have a bat side-kick? Love, Child Who Will Not Take No For An Answer. P.S. Do girls draw better than boys? "

By this time The Great Pumpkin had already communicated to the Child Who Will Not Take No For An Answer's mother and informed her that The Great Pumpkin might want to draw her Child Who Will Not Take No For An Answer a picture. But this said child was going to leave her letter here to be sure The Great Pumpkin received it. So The Great Pumpkin told said child's mother that she was off the hook. The true Great Pumpkin would create fairness for other believers of The Great Pumpkin since her imagination got us into this mess in the first place.

And so The Great Pumpkin writes....

"Dear Child Who Will Not Take No For An Answer -
It is not the dirt that bothers me, it is the rocks that bruise my pretty pumpkin shell. Don't be sad, I am happy to draw you a picture and leave it here.......Love, The Great Pumpkin"

and so she did draw that picture and the Child Who Will Not Take No For An Answer was happy again. The Great Pumpkin learned her lesson and will never, under any circumstances, create another fictional character for her children. At least not as long as she is doing daycare.

The end.

1 comment:

Renée said...

um, picture please? I want to see the Great Pumpkin too - you're so creative.

xo