Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer Vacation

So far life has been rather exciting here at the crazy house. Summer vacation is underway and the kids all have permanent flavor ice brain freeze. I just have the plain old losing my mind brain freeze. Life is good.

Wildlife abounds everywhere we turn. Butterflies are fluttering, birds are chirping, slugs are slimming and snakes are slithering. Even baby turtles are making appearances on nature walks. Oh, and spiders are laying their egg sacs in the kid's goggles....


and cool frogs are appearing out of nowhere...


and did I mention that adorable babies are having tea on my kitchen counter??


She's also doing other cutsie things like crawling and pulling herself up. We had to lower her crib mattress the other night and just in time because she's now standing up in her crib. And she's oh so proud of herself. We always cheer her on and give her loud applause when she does something cool. The dimpalicious smile she flashes in return is only the most adorable thing you ever did see.

I must admit, I am very lucky that I'm surrounded by little people. Adorable happens a lot here with the babe, 2 year old girl, 3 year old boy, and even the 7 year old girls manage to kill me with cuteness once in a while. The toddler boy is always making deals and having heart attacks..."if I eat this all, I'm gonna watcha movie!", the toddler girl is melting my heart every day with her baby blues staring up at me. That and the fact that her bathing suit sounds a lot like "baby soup". The older girls are just funny, reminding me daily that even though they seem much bigger than the others, they are still very little. Because they still eat hamgurbers and tell me how that baby's heart sure is beeping fast. Even if they're saying all these things while applying cherry berry lip gloss and flipping their hair over their shoulder.

I'll tell you, I may be losing my mind but it's much more appealing that sitting at a desk in some stuffy office somewhere pounding out mundane chores on a keyboard. I may get sick of wiping fingerprints and asses, but at least I'm loved. Loved in the simplest of ways and without expectations other than a safe place to play and food to eat. Sure, it's a thankless job, but the thank you's come in other forms. Like giant hugs and a quick "wuv you" when they're heading home for the night and tiny whispers begging to "please just let me stay wiff you." That you absolutely will not get from any office.

2 comments:

Renée said...

"fingerprints and asses" lmao! I'm planning on snuggling that baby and totally hogging her. Did I mention that I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU GUYS?? I'll be home thursday/friday and I'll call you or just find you. xo

Sheyb said...

Missin the posts girl!! :( Glad you had a great vacation, though! Nasty spider! Yuk. :P Look forward to a new post.... soon? :) ha ha.