Friday, August 01, 2008

I'm too hard on myself.

One of my bigger problems and I know that I'm not alone, is beating myself up about the way I look. Meaning I still have a bunch of weight to lose from this pregnancy. Hell, who am I kidding, from the pregnancy before this pregnancy if I'm being completely honest.

After Emily I shed a fair amount of weight but the last 10-15 lbs lingered and lingered and lingered. Then I found out that I was pregnant with A and started the process all over again. I gained a little less weight with A but still ended up the with the same number at the end of it all. Funny thing is, with all three of my pregnancies I finished at about the same weight. It's the magic number for me to make strong healthy babies I guess. But each one, the overall gain was different. And the end of each one the over all initial loss was different as well.

Can you already see that I put way too much time into thinking about this?

I hate this part of the child bearing process. Loath it really. I don't like to obsess, I don't like to buy new clothes to get me through transition and I don't like that nursing makes it harder to shed the post baby bulge I have around my mid section.

But I will keep nursing because I love it. I love the closeness I feel with A and it really is the easiest way to feed my daughter. Very cost effective, saves tons of time, the health benefits we both get because of it but most of all the comfort and security it gives to her.

I don't blame the nursing entirely. I have a sweet tooth. Better yet, all my teeth like sweets. And my tongue, too for that matter. Tongue is a weird word, isn't it? Just noticed that. Say it a bunch of times and it will start to sound strange. Like helmet. Weird.

But I digress.

I want to quit eating cake, really I do, but it won't let me. Ice cream, too. It's not enough that they have each other. They want me to share in the glorious combination. I tell them three is a crowd but I lose every time. And not in the way I'm hoping either.

So I'm working out. A lot. Well I'm working out a medium. In hopes that I will become a medium. Walking/running/lifting/squatting...whatever I can do to enhance my physique and shed the fat. It's not the number that gets me as much as it is the rolls.

And then I say, hold on a second, I LOVE ROLLS!! With butter. And then the cycle continues.

Seriously though, I need to chill. How long has it been since I gave birth? For the second time in less than two years? I need to cut myself some slack along with that slice of cake and enjoy my excuse to have a little extra jiggle to my wiggle.

Besides, J say's he likes a little extra cushion if you know what I mean.

It is hard giving myself that break though. Unless of course it comes with a side of ice cream. That makes it a whole lot better.

5 comments:

Sheyb said...

LOL!!! I definitely know what you mean! I am so there with you! :) I lost 45 pounds in the last year, but am at a stand still. I need to join a gym is what I need to do! LOL.

Don't fret! You will lose it. I don't like cake [unless they're cupcakes - go figure, but I do love ICE CREAM! And rolls, yes I love rolls with butter too.]


xoxo,

Shealynn

Sheyb said...

oh, and you know what really gets to me? When my friends complain about the last FIVE POUNDS they have to lose!! Really? I still have 50 pounds to lose - AFTER the 45 I already lost! And you have to complain about that last 5 pounds, don't you?

Sheyb said...

Not you, yourself. But, my friends. LOL! Didn't want you to think that I was directing that at you. LOL. ;)

Renée said...

LOL! "jiggle with my wiggle"

aw yeah....


xo

Renée said...

oh and btw? I'm heavier now than I've ever been. Want to know why?

cake

ice cream

rolls

butter

it happens and we're still good in bed so don't sweat it baby!

xoxo