Friday, February 29, 2008

And another thing!

Why does my child poop in the tub? It isn't the occasional oops with this child either. Minimum, two maybe three times per week.

PER WEEK!!

I'm at my wits end with her on so many levels yet hopelessly in love at the same time. She challenges me every single day but still draws me in for more with that delicious little dimple on her left cheek.

And that toothy grin.

How do we discipline these beautiful little devils for squeezing lotion all over our bathroom floors when they're looking at you with the biggest smile on their tiny face and their hands in the air as if they had no idea how that lotion just got there.

"I just walked in here Mom, and poof - lotion was EVERYWHERE!! Not sure how that happened."

Hmm...me neither.

To say she is an intense baby is an understatement. She is nasty, loving, happy, mad, devious and wonderful all at once. She will hit you one moment and kiss your boo boo the next. She is dancing to Elmo's catchy tunes at 8:00 and throwing herself on the floor because the dog ate her toast that she offered to her at 8:02.

In the words of my oldest "that's good quality television right there".

And she still isn't sleeping through the night. At least not consistently. Her teeth are bothering her, her ears hurt, her diaper is too wet, she needs a hug, where's my bink (I know...she's going to be 30 and still toting that thing) are just a few of the many things that I have to choose from every single night. I say choose because she refuses to say a word. The kid could climb a mountain but is talking very little. I chalk it up to the fact that....eeeeeekkkk!! aaaaaahhh!!! and wwwwwwweeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! seem to be working just fine for her right now thank-you very much.

This is just a piece of the pie I'm chewing right now. I'm a busy woman. A busy woman toting a big old belly and juggling the very best she can. I am pooped most of the time but managing to get to the quiet part of my day every evening where J and I sit on the couch and watch mindless television while he rubs whatever part of me is the puffiest. I will make it to May and my energy will get better. After that my only option is to live in the now and hope that the next two years are gentle on me.

In the meantime....I guess I'll just keep counting my blessings. Even if the blessing keeps crapping in the tub.

2 comments:

Sheyb said...

Ha! Zoe has pooped in the tub once. Yuk!!! I feel your pain! I swear part of your post described Zoe! The part where she is nasty, mean, loving and sweet... or something like that. LOL. That is my Zoe.

Renée said...

Oh.....look at her! She's delicious!

H liked to stick her hands down her diaper and smear poop all over the walls/crib. It took me forever to get her to cut it out. Poop is a source of fascination for some kids - mmmmm....hot bath tub makes me wanna.....OOPS! Mum, would you mind scooping up my steamy brown boat? Thanks.

xoxo