Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hush little baby

don't say a word. Or just stop with the rolling around in my stomach all hours of the night. One would think that sleep should come easily. ESPECIALY in the last trimester, even more so in the last month give or take a week. I'm going to be a walking zombie for a few months in the very near future. I need to get my sleep NOW.

I know you can't really stock up on sleep. It doesn't work that way. I know that I'm unable to sleep now because I need to be used to getting up and having a chubby little luv bug beckoning its mama for nourishment. But dammit if I don't wish it different.

I want to slap my husband's adorable face clean off because he's breathing too loudly. He's sleeping and I'm lying here wrestling a fetus. I rock my body from side to side in hopes that I can get her fooled into sleep. It's not working. I'm on the verge of tears and there isn't a layette adorable enough to make me feel any better.

The only thing that would make my forget all about all the woes of pregnancy at this moment is a sleeping babe in my arms. However, I would settle for one in my tummy right about now. Please, please, please hush little baby. Mama needs some zzzzzzz's.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I can vividly remember waking my husband up on occasion to tell him he was breathing too loudly during that 3rd semester. God love him, he'd apologize and roll over.

Any chance some benadryl might help?

mama said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I bet it just might do the trick.

Renée said...

I'm really starting to get excited for you now though. This last leg is the hardest, and you are in total preparation for baby-up-all-night mode, but man, you're gonna have a BABY soon! One more reason why I'd like to live closer to my friends. That new baby smell....dreamy.

Do you have friends there who might throw you a shower?

mama said...

I know, that new baby smell makes me melt every time. Little fingers, tiny outstretched toes, big yawns, tiny bodies swimming in pajamas....I'm just too excited.

No real friends to speak of here. My one kinda friend was like....hey, tell my who your friends are and I'll throw you a baby shower. She is pretty much it. BUT my sister was visiting this past weekend and came with lots of gifts from family at home and a few things have trickled in here and there from a few other people. J's sister had an amazing amount of stuff she held onto from our niece so we have all the big stuff we'll need. J's family usually waits until the baby is here then starts spoiling them like they are the most precious things on the face of the earth (and they are, of course!!). So we're outfitted for the new arrival....but I'm bummed I didn't get to eat a bunch of cake :(
That's okay, I haven't stopped eating sweets and every other damn thing since March so I guess I'll manage.