Monday, May 31, 2010

I couldn't have planned it better if I tried.

Memorial Day weekend was absolutely perfect. We have had more time relaxing and enjoying the nice weather than we've had as a family in a long time. I feel so relaxed,rejuvenated, exhausted, all of it but incredibly satisfied with my family and the manner we spent our holiday.

It started Friday night with an evening out singing with Frankie. We practice every Friday evening after the man gets home from work. It's an awesome night to practice because I'm usually ready and fit to be tied by the time Friday night rolls around, it's a great way to blow off steam and get ready to face the weekend craziness. I was back in by 11:00 pm. Unheard of because I love to stop off at my dive just down the way for a few beers and some tunes. There wasn't much going on there so I left early and found the man still awake and ready to hang out for a while. I was pretty happy to see his excitement and I treated him to a fried snack and some light conversation right before we ended up having some much needed connecting time alone. It was an awesome ending to a great evening.

Saturday was great, no chores day we decided, lunch out and evening dinner was light and easy. We relaxed in the sun and had another perfect night followed by more connecting time for Jim and I if you get what I mean there. This day wasn't going down in history as the best but the weather was perfect and the mood was very calm and relaxing thanks to many hours of reggae on Pandora. So yeah, another awesome day.

Sunday started out the same. We had a great morning with the kids. Early afternoon the babies napped. At the same time. I felt like I was winning the freaking laundry for crying out loud. I made a pie for dinner at a friends and a small veggie plate to share. We spent the late afternoon and evening visiting and enjoying their adorable kiddie size swimming pool. All the kids went hog wild and we all enjoyed a couple of cold ones and good conversation. The food was great, the company was better and at the end the pie was fabulous, vanilla cream, baby! Sydney brought her friend home to spend the night and we finished it off playing wii for a while and just enjoyed a late night with the kids.

Monday met us with the same tone and we just couldn't get over it all. Lots of chores were finished up, things we've put off for weeks. It was really nice. I made a delish pizza for lunch from scratch. Can I just say that I think I've found my crust for life? And that I kicked the pizza makers of the world's ass with my creation today? Just sayin'. The girls took another nap at the same time and I was beginning to wonder what deal was made with the devil and when it was to be cashed in because that was the only explanation that made any sense. Seriously? Naps two days in a row for the both of them at the same time? NEVER HAPPENS!

Our garden is growing magnificently and we had the most perfect weather for 4 days straight. Tonight it's drizzling outside and cooling off the ground. It was just the perfect weekend. I couldn't have asked for better anything. I will come back to this memory and post again sometime soon to remind myself that life has it's rewards and blessings :D

No comments: