Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sometimes you're given a gift...

and it's quickly taken away.

It's been a few weeks since it happened but my sister lost her baby. It was a shock to find out she had a miracle coming her way, but the more time went by, the more she wanted to see what the future had in store for her family. Unfortunately it wasn't what she had hoped.

She is doing okay but of course she is sad. Something happens to you when you find out your family is growing. You start picturing your life with someone else in it and when that changes suddenly, I can only imagine the sadness that follows. Planned or not, she wanted this baby. We all did.

I hate it when gifts are taken away.

2 comments:

Sheyb said...

that is truly very sad. :(

Renée said...

oh geez - I'm really sorry for C. I saw her at the parade and she had a tummy :(