Monday, June 16, 2008

Worth celebrating.

It's quite a milestone we've reached here at Hagarman House. I'm proud to say, whilst knocking on wood, that E is sleeping through the night. This past month has been glorious. She has slept so well and I do believe that we have finally gotten over the hurdle.

To say that it has been a difficult 19 months is an understatement when it comes to her sleeping habits. The kid just wouldn't sleep regularly. We would have a few good nights followed by 10 bad and sometimes very, very, very bad. We would trade off and take shifts and slowly roll out of bed to a dreaded two or three hour hiatus at 1 am. There wasn't much choice, it was get up or listen to three hours of crying. Not joking.

So we are happy and still very gingerly knocking on some wood because we're afraid to claim victory in case defeat rears its ugly face at us in protest. Now all we have to do is get Baby A to sleep and we're in business.

We'll see about that one.

3 comments:

Sheyb said...

I'll get the champagne & balloons! ;) You go E!! Sleep sleep sleep!

Renée said...

oh.....I hear you. When Cade finally decided to stop freaking out all night and climbing back into our bed, we kinda looked around and waited for somebody to jump out and say JUST KIDDING!!

Some kids just aren't easy sleepers. So YAY for E! How's bf'ing? Your incision?

xo

mama said...

bf'ing is going well but I often wonder why I won't just let myself take the easy road. then she's all...gulp, mmmm...gulp, gulp, mmmmmm - and I say. Oh, RIGHT!! That's why.

My incision is healing. It's not going to look too bad. Third one...I'm lucky. I could be looking a lot worse. You know....women are always so hard on themselves.